Finger Lakes Fruit Bowl ~ A sampling of fruit grown in our region
2018-19 Winter Fruit Box !
- Winter 2018-19 dates are 12/6, 12/20, 1/10, 1/24, 2/7, and 2/21.
- Cost is $210 for farm PU and $230 for group/home delivery
The amount of fruit varies throughout the season but in general the volume increases as the size of the fruit increases. That is, berries are expensive because there's a lot of labor involved and they're very perishable, so we tend to send out 2lb of strawberries for the strawberry weeks (they're organic though!) and then as the fruit become larger, it's correspondingly less labor-intensive, so people will get more peaches than cherries, and more apples than peaches. We tend to send out 5 or 6 pounds of apples in the fall - and the mix is entirely what's available. We mix the apples up with juice/cider/etc.
The Organic vs. Local Debate
The Finger Lakes Fruit Bowl includes organic and non organic fruit. We source excellent quality local fruit from family farms that we think are doing a good job growing fruit in our challenging climate! We try and source as much organic fruit
as possible (especially our strawberries & apples) but some of our
partner farms use IPM (integrated pest management) so they may resort
to pesticides when necessary. If you have any questions or specific
concerns please be in touch!
Sign up for your 2018/19 Winer Fruit here:
Step one: sign up form
Step two: confirm with payment
Pay by check
Please send your payment made out to "Finger lakes Fruit Bowl" to:
Full Plate Farm Collective
PO Box 6898
2018 Summer Fruit info (just FYI)
Each week from June 13th - through October 24th (18 weeks of fruit with a one week break for the July 4th Holiday) we will have your
fresh fruit (and sometimes cider) available to pick up at the same
time and location as you get your Full Plate share (Stick & Stone,
Pressbay Alley, Three Swallows, a group delivery site, or home/office
delivery within the City of Ithaca). The 2018 growing season fruit
share may include rhubarb, strawberries, apricots, cherries, peaches,
plums, heirloom apples, pears, and some small berries as well. The share includes organic and non-organic fruit. Payment
is due in-full when you sign up.
2018 season Fruit Bowl options:
- Pick up at Stick & Stone on Wednesdays ($200 for 18 weeks)
- Pick up at Pressbay Alley on Thursdays ($200 for 18 weeks)
- Pick up at Three Swallows on Saturdays ($200 for 18 weeks)
- Have the fruit delivered to your Full Plate group site along with your Full Plate veggie share ($250 for 18weeks)
- Have the fruit delivered to your home/office address with your Full Plate veggie share on Thursdays ($250 for 18 weeks)